2012 13" rMBP LCD screen bleed -- Is mine bad?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Nilok64, Oct 28, 2013.

1. Nilok64 macrumors member

I just received my refurb 13" rMBP and noticed some backlit bleed on the bottom left corner of the screen, so I decided to take a picture to see if it is bad or normal. What do you guys think? I got to say it looks a little worst on the pic.

*this is at full brightness.

[​IMG]

2. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

There is an issue. Now its down to how comfortable you are with it. If you are, keep it and carry on, if not, seek a replacement.

3. Nilok64 thread starter macrumors member

Are the odds of getting another like this high?

4. daneoni macrumors G4

daneoni

No one can answer. Except maybe the display supplier itself.

5. puma1552 macrumors 601

The odds of getting one a lot worse are pretty high.

That's not all that bad, to be honest. I'd be upset if I had the spotlight effect along the bottom, but that probably wouldn't bother me if the color was good.

6. Nilok64 thread starter macrumors member

I found a picture of the backlit bleed on Notebookcheck.com review and I find the pattern to be very similar to mine... could they all be like this? :eek:

[​IMG]

7. Windows&Apple macrumors regular

I know personally, that would bug the crap out of me. But you have a year's warranty to get it replaced and I'm 99% sure that it would be replaced at no charge if done during the warranty period. Or return it, you got 14 days.

8. Nilok64 thread starter macrumors member

It does bother me, but I don't have an Apple store nearby, so I would have to mail this one back and wait for another one. I noticed that in the returns section, I can select either replacement or return... what is the difference? Will they let me keep this one until I receive the other one if I pick replacement? I believe they would still charge me for both until one is returned right?