2012 15" Retina Macbook Pro - Battery Replacement

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jan1024188, Dec 29, 2015.

1. jan1024188 macrumors member

Hello guys,

I've been using my macbook A LOT, and I'm at near 2000 cycles. The battery now only lasts 40 minutes or so, and the machine shuts down at 30-40% (once I was using it with external display it died at 87% lol).

So the battery is busted.

I'm in for replacement, but I bought this machine in Europe so it has a weird slovak keyboard layout. I'm wondering, since the battery is glued to the topcase, if the whole top part is usually replaced.
    In this case, I will need the keyboard replaced as well.

Does anyone know how these machines are serviced, and if its the case that I'm switching to US layout, would the replacement be free of charge or is there an extra cost?

2. Bootinks macrumors newbie

Just been looking at the same problem I am looking at a used macbook and was wondering what you do when the battery is knackered and I can now see you get it replaced by Apple for £159 I thought this was quite reasonable

Higher I am looking at used mackbook and wondered the same then I found this

https://support.apple.com/kb/index?page=servicefaq&geo=United_Kingdom&product=Macnotebooks

3. jan1024188 thread starter macrumors member

I am going to get it serviced by Apple, I just have a question about the keyboard.

4. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

You would get a far better answer from apple just give them a ring or use chat or email them they'll get back to you in hours.