2012 (2.5 GHz Intel Core i5) Bluetooth

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by crapforks, Jun 26, 2016.

1. crapforks macrumors newbie

crapforks

Has anyone had any bluetooth problems with this model? My problems started with off-brand mice which I fixed(?) by just getting a wired mouse. Now my apple bluetooth keyboard is dropping in and out along with my bluetooth headphones. Interference from my wireless router had been cited as a possible cause, but I am running a time capsule which shouldn't really interfere. I am not too knowledgable with Bluetooth and 5ghz/2.4ghz connections, so any help is appreciated.

2. jpietrzak8 macrumors 6502a

jpietrzak8

Yes! Actually, the USB 3.0 hardware used by the 2012 Mac Mini (and other models) can cause interference on the frequency that Bluetooth uses. Apple has a support page for this problem:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT203729

3. tibas92013 macrumors 6502

MY Refurbished i5 MM(Late 2012) has had no major problems going on almost three(3) Years.

4. Meister Suspended

Meister

This is a known problem.

The solution is to use as few usb ports as possible because they interfere with bluetooth frequencies.

5. crapforks thread starter macrumors newbie

crapforks

6. neander, Jun 27, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2016

neander macrumors regular

Thank you.. had this issue for a week or so with my Apple keyboard and I thought it was starting to give up on me and had no idea I would stumble on it just browsing macrumors.

For me it was a USB 3.0 flash drive in the furthest away usb that caused the problem.

Thanks!