2012 27 inch Imac issues

Discussion in 'iMac' started by schbrobro08, Feb 28, 2013.

1. schbrobro08 macrumors newbie

My fully loaded Imac is 2 weeks old and is having severe issues. Ran great for first 10 days but as i was editing in FCP X my computer totally froze. I've searched the forums and found this is a known issue with FCP. Had to hard reboot it. I wasn't worried about it and just decided to not use FCP until a fix came out. Now whenever my computer goes to sleep, i can never get it to respond. Same thing when i start the computer. I pushed the button on the back and it won't turn on for at least 10 minutes. Just this morning I awoke to the loud startup noise on my imac next to my bed. I pushed the button last night at midnight and it didn't respond for a whole 7 hours? I already scheduled an appointment at the apple store this saturday but just curious if anyone else has any similiar issues. For almost 3000 spent, i'm very disappointed with my experience thus far.

2. zedsdead macrumors 68040

Do you use the FireWire-Thunderbolt adapter?

I had the FCPX issues, and in addition, freezing/booting problems with that adapter. Once I upgraded my Drobo S to the Drobo 5D (thunderbolt), that fixed it.

I also had Bluetooth issues where it would restart, but the mouse pointer/keyboard were frozen for minutes at a time.

3. schbrobro08 thread starter macrumors newbie

4. zedsdead macrumors 68040

It's a hard drive array:

Www.drobo.com

Not sure if that HDMI adapter has any issues, but the thunderbolt one does.

Try rebooting with only the iMac and nothing hooked up to it. See of you still have those freezing issues.

5. schbrobro08 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well sounds like we are having the same issues so i'll try that tonight...If i can get my Imac to turn on. Thanks for the response though, appreciate it.