2012 Air Screen "Mura"

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by MrGimper, Oct 14, 2013.

1. MrGimper macrumors 601

MrGimper

Just discovered a couple of light spots on my screen right in the lower right corner of my 2012 13" Air.

I have a samsung panel and have been really happy. Not really keen on playing the display lottery if I get it replaced.

I have AppleCare until the middle of 2015.

Live with it?

[​IMG]

2. jehartley macrumors member

What did you decide to do here? I have discovered one on my screen, and I am deciding if I should live with it or not...I have Apple Care, but the Apple store is over three hours away from me and I can't be without my iMac that long.

What would help me decide is if anyone that has these mura spots and has lived with it, could tell me if they grew or multiplied. Any help would be appreciated.

3. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

Personally, I would bring it to Apple or contact AppleCare. Sometimes they will send you a box to ship it to the Apple service department for repairs.

4. Saturn1217 macrumors 6502a

I had the exact same thing happen to my Macbook air 2013 only worse (it was in the center of the screen and much larger.

But I also didn't want to be without my computer for too long (I was (am) writing my PhD thesis)

This is what I did:

I took my computer to the apple store almost immediately after first noticing the spots and had the genius look through it and put in their records (and gave me a receipt) that they acknowledged that it was a problem they would fix and was covered by warranty.

I then waited until my boss was out for vacation (maybe 3 months later) and took the computer back to the apple store and got it repaired. They have to replace the entire display but my unit came back perfect.

With regards to these spots growing with time I think mine did. It is something I could live with but I didn't want to.