2012 Back To School Promotion

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mnsportsgeek, Jun 6, 2012.

1. mnsportsgeek macrumors 65816

So it appears that last year, the Back To School Promotion was launched on June 16. Will apple announce the back to school promotion along side these rumored new macs? Or do you think they'll hold off for a month or so. I'm leaning towards waiting for the Back To School Promotion to start up, even if it is just $100 to the app store. There are some good apps I've been eyeing.

2. Stetrain macrumors 68040

I think it will either be announced at WWDC or soon after. The new Macs will also probably have a free upgrade to Mountain Lion once it's released.

3. KylePowers macrumors 68000

KylePowers

Here's some info I posted last year regarding the Back-to-School promotion. I've added/edited some of it (in italics):
    Thusly, I would guess either Monday at WWDC, Tuesday June 12th, or Thursday June 14th :)

4. mnsportsgeek thread starter macrumors 65816

good deal. that's what i like to hear. Am looking forward to getting hooked up with a new macbook pro, printer, and $100 to the app store. Summer is always the best time to buy a mac.

5. dank414 macrumors member

looks like its just $100gc for itunes, ibooks, & app store. apple used to have much better deals ipod/touch & printer, year before $100 & printer, now it's just a gc :(

6. Silmarien macrumors member

Anyone knows how to sell the back to school (only-app) gift card? I would much prefer an apple gift card to spend on a new iPad.

7. tiwizard macrumors regular

Ebay, Craigslist, in person to a friend, etc. I'm not exactly sure how else you were thinking...

Also, you may want to consider refraining from posting on old threads and bumping them to the top. Simply create a new one in the appropriate forum.