2012 iMac and games you are looking forward to

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Razorhog, May 23, 2012.

1. Razorhog macrumors 65816

Razorhog

I'm sort of out of the gaming loop, although I just beat Diablo 3 on my mid 2010 27" 2.8 GHz i5, 16GB RAM and 5750 1GB. When the 2012 iMac arrives, I'll be getting the best video card available (Hope 7970m).
    Along those lines, what games are coming out or have recently come out that you look forward to playing? I prefer games that run in OS X, but plan on installing Windows 7 in bootcamp as well.

2. leman macrumors 604

Did you beat D3 on all difficulty levels? Then my honest respect :)

I am only looking forward to Guild Wars 2. Nothing else appears to be interesting enough...

3. kitsunestudios, May 23, 2012
    Last edited: May 23, 2012

kitsunestudios macrumors regular

Diablo 3 of course... Can't play it well on my Early 2006 iMac (and a bit surprised it plays at all) Same with Portal 2 and Bastion.

I plan on replaying a lot of my current games at max: Sims 3, Civ 4, Starcraft 2, WoW, Orange Box, Empire at War, The Movies, Wakfu and Dwarf Fortress.

For new games, I'm planning on getting Skyrim, Tropico 3, and Civ 5 , and considering trying out KOTOR and Bioshock.

Very much hoping for a Mac Native SimCity 5. Getting it on Windows if they dont have a Mac port announced by release date.

4. Razorhog thread starter macrumors 65816

Razorhog

No, just on the normal difficulty. Level 32 Barbarian. I tend to fly through games and complete the main quests in a hurry for some reason. I did put a lot of hours into Skyrim, but beat it in the mid 20's level. Skyrim in bootcamp runs beautifully on this machine.

5. BlazednSleepy macrumors 6502a

6. theturn macrumors newbie

not really a game but X-Plane 10, will need the best video card the imac can offer

7. willcodejavafor macrumors regular

Diablo 3
    Krater
    The Secret World

Maybe the Star Wars MMO, RIFT or any other MMO that looks good and I missed.

Probably revisit: Team Fortress 2 and the Left 4 Dead series.

Quite a few neat looking games coming this year.

8. sebbyRIOT macrumors member

9. divamatt macrumors newbie

Also looking forward to the refresh so that I can play games at more decent quality levels. Though it may not be a dedicated games machine, it will probably do quite nicely for the use I will make of it. Also getting it to watch movies and such.

I'd like to play Skyrim, but I'm also a big fan of 4X games. Seems like Endless Space might be a cool one to try out.

I really don't have time to play games anymore, but once a gamer... I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about! :D

10. The "Dude" macrumors regular

I'm on ACT III on my 2010 Mac Mini. I can only run it at 1024x768 resolution to get 30fps, so I can't wait for the new iMacs to come out.

Civilization 5 has a new expansion pack (Gods & Kings) coming out this summer which looks awesome. It should fix all the shortcomings of the original game.

Remastered edition of Baldur's Gate that will have a Mac native version.

Battlefield 3 and Skyrim on Bootcamp.

SimCity in 2013.

11. Smartie macrumors regular

Smartie

I have a steam version of Civ 5, which I haven't been able to play a lot on my old c2d Sony laptop from ale 2007. I'll get into that game again.

I'll also get Diablo 3, and get Sim City 2013 when it arrives.

12. EricT43 macrumors regular

Not sure I'm upgrading, but I'll throw out my favorite and anticipated games:

Currently I play D3, SC2, and Civ 5/

Looking forward to the Civ 5 expansion, SC2 expansion, and the new SimCity.

13. kitsunestudios macrumors regular

You know, as much s people complain about always-on internet DRM, I freaking love Steam. Not only do I not have to find a shop that carries Mac software, or buy mail-order and pay extra shipping, it's one of the few places Mac games actually go on sale!

$15 for Civ 5 and all the DLC this weekend? Yes please!:D

14. The "Dude" macrumors regular

So any game bought through Steam contains Internet DRM?

15. sk8r1230 macrumors 6502

sk8r1230