2012 Imac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by mrmarts, Aug 16, 2013.

1. mrmarts, Aug 16, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2013

mrmarts macrumors 65816

Hey Guys

I have been holding out for the 2013 model later this year, but I have been slowly giving up the wait with little rumours and the discussion here the 2014 iMac seems like a modest update (updated usb and thunderbolt ports). But I do not know if i can hold out till than, as I am not used to using a macbook as primary computer.

That said I have decided to see how much discount i can get on the current model, I live in Australia. I have chosen to get the flagship 27" iMac, whilst customising it with a: 3.4 i7 processor, 16gb of ram, a 3tb fusion drive, 2gb nvidia video card the recommended retail here is $3,303.00 I so far got quoted for $2,940.00 or $3,000.00 with a apple tv is it worth giving up the wait for some minor updates such as ac wifi which i will not be using as i prefer ethernet and buying the current iMac now.

2. tawfiqmp macrumors member

tawfiqmp

Buy it now, you won't regret it. I was in the same situation a couple of weeks ago. I bought that model (except 1tb fusion), and I'm really happy with it.

3. forty2j macrumors 68030

forty2j

Save some $ and get the extra RAM aftermarket. It's a 5 minute self-install, assuming you need a potty break in the middle.

4. mrmarts thread starter macrumors 65816

Thanks for the advice just a quick question if anyone knows whats the chances of Apple upping the GPU memory (higher than 2gb) in the next gen 27" iMac.

5. forty2j macrumors 68030

forty2j

There's no reason to exceed 2GB VRAM until you start working with 4K rendering. The better question (to which I think the answer is still nil) is the odds of bumping to 2GB in the stock top-end.