2012 Imac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by mrmarts, Aug 16, 2013.

  1. mrmarts, Aug 16, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2013

    mrmarts macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Feb 6, 2009
    Location:
    Melbourne Australia
    #1
    Hey Guys

    I have been holding out for the 2013 model later this year, but I have been slowly giving up the wait with little rumours and the discussion here the 2014 iMac seems like a modest update (updated usb and thunderbolt ports). But I do not know if i can hold out till than, as I am not used to using a macbook as primary computer.

    That said I have decided to see how much discount i can get on the current model, I live in Australia. I have chosen to get the flagship 27" iMac, whilst customising it with a: 3.4 i7 processor, 16gb of ram, a 3tb fusion drive, 2gb nvidia video card the recommended retail here is $3,303.00 I so far got quoted for $2,940.00 or $3,000.00 with a apple tv is it worth giving up the wait for some minor updates such as ac wifi which i will not be using as i prefer ethernet and buying the current iMac now.
     
  2. tawfiqmp macrumors member

    tawfiqmp

    Joined:
    Jul 18, 2009
    Location:
    Houston, TX
    #2
    Buy it now, you won't regret it. I was in the same situation a couple of weeks ago. I bought that model (except 1tb fusion), and I'm really happy with it.
     
  3. forty2j macrumors 68030

    forty2j

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2008
    Location:
    NJ
    #3
    Save some $ and get the extra RAM aftermarket. It's a 5 minute self-install, assuming you need a potty break in the middle.
     
  4. mrmarts thread starter macrumors 65816

    Joined:
    Feb 6, 2009
    Location:
    Melbourne Australia
    #4
    Thanks for the advice just a quick question if anyone knows whats the chances of Apple upping the GPU memory (higher than 2gb) in the next gen 27" iMac.
     
  5. forty2j macrumors 68030

    forty2j

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2008
    Location:
    NJ
    #5
    There's no reason to exceed 2GB VRAM until you start working with 4K rendering. The better question (to which I think the answer is still nil) is the odds of bumping to 2GB in the stock top-end.
     

Share This Page