Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ElectricMayhem

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 1, 2012
Long Island, NY
Hey guys first off I hope everybody is safe from sandy, and second I hope those who have power are loving their new mac mini's.

So my first question. I got the 799 mac mini, the mid model and I want to upgrade the ram. Is there any suggestions based on where to get some. I do not think i need 16 gigs of ram. I probably do not even need 8 but i still want to upgrade. From what I have herd i think its crucial ram. any sites to look at specifically?

My next question is has anybody who got the mac mini experienced their macbook sitting on the side. I am debating just getting an iPad and selling my macbook to my brother. In the two weeks since I have had the mac mini its has not moved from my nightstand.

Thanks guys.

StevenT42

macrumors 6502
Jun 9, 2010
I ordered 16 gigs of Corsair Vengeance RAM from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0076W9Q5A/

The price ($76 plus tax) was right. It is now $89. Someone posted a $67 price at NewEgg, with a coupon.

I have used Crucial, too, and it is fine.

IMO, you can never have enough memory, especially at those prices.

I still use my MacBook Air and iPad. The iPad is for casual surfing. The MacBook I actually used at a job.

SkiHound

macrumors member
Jul 6, 2008
Crucial is a company that sells memory, their web site is crucial.com. You can pick the correct ram simply by entering information describing your computer. Nice if you don't know exactly what ram to buy. Folks on here have posted about other places with lower ram prices though the Crucial prices aren't bad. I've had good luck with Crucial.

That-Guy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2012
UK
Ordered mine for Crucial, easy to select on the website and works perfect.

Fast delivery too :)

WLS

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2008
Here would be my first question:
Could someone who is running Windows 8 natively post their Windows Experience numbers. I'm thinking of getting one as a HTPC to replace my Lenovo Q700 and would like an idea what areas are faster and how much.
Thans

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.