2012 Mac Pro graphics card help!

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by BLDunlap, Jun 30, 2017.

1. BLDunlap macrumors newbie

At our church we use a 2012 Mac Pro with a Raedon 5770 graphics card with dual feeds for all our video use. Here is what is fed from the graphics card: The main monitor comes from one hook up and the other goes to a video translator via a VGA line. Out of the video translator there are two feeds. One goes to the overhead projector about 70' away via a VGA line. The other feeds three TV monitors via an RCA line that is adapted to TV cable lines that feed all three.

We are having some difficulty with the quality of the picture at the overhead and the three TV monitors. The quality of the monitor directly hooked to the graphics card is still quite good. I purchased a VGA signal booster and installed it but it made absolutely no difference. If I upgrade my graphics card will it help the picture quality at all? Or do I need to reconsider how I have the overhead projector and the three TV monitors connected and operating?

Any help or suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks

2. ActionableMango macrumors 604

ActionableMango

No

Yes. The video signal is weak from being split so many times, having such long runs, and so many adapters. Your video card doesn't have have VGA, so you're adapting mDP to VGA, then going through some kind of "video translator" (whatever that is), where it splits into two, then it sounds like one of those two legs splits again into three RCA video cables (composite?), then adapted again to "TV cable" (coax?). I can't even tell what's going on, it makes no sense to me. You need to consult an A/V guy who can see it in person.