2012 Mac Pro

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Geeks On Hugs, Jun 12, 2013.

1. Geeks On Hugs macrumors newbie

So I like the new Mac Pro but it's not compelling for me over the previous generation (mainly because as a software app developer I don't "need" the power but just "want" it). Will we see a nice drop in the previous generation?

I'd like to get a very late model last gen one and it will be a nice setup to upgrade and tune for years to come. Make sense?

If I do get a Mac Pro (new or old) I will use the horsepower though as I will get back into hard core flight simming with it.

EDIT: BTW - what does Apple do with it's old stock? Between the time the new iMac was announced and it became available the old stock of iMacs were not available?

EDIT 2: Just had an idea...why doesn't Apple take everything with the new Mac Pro - put a more pedestrian processor in it with a single GPU base model and call it Mac Gamer or something :p

2. Macsonic macrumors 65816

Macsonic

For the unsold Macs, an Apple Reseller told me Apple keeps them, uses the unsold stocks as replacements for Applecare claims sometimes. And during the time new models are released, Apple pulls out existing models from Apple Resellers unless those models were paid for already by the reseller. This is as far as I know unless Apple's policies have changed.