2012 Macbook Air Freeze After sleep - First mac very worried

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by wiggz, Jul 14, 2012.

1. wiggz macrumors newbie

Well since this is my first mac and I'm still learning the operating system let alone figuring out how to fix anything on it I'm slightly concerned.

So heres the facts:

-2012 Macbook Air i5 - less than a month old
    -After screen goes to sleep it comes back to the "spinning umbrella" with a black screen and will not get past this screen
    -Does not happen every time. The first time it did it 3 times in a row (I had to shut down each time, then when it went to sleep it would do this)
    -Only happened 3 times since the first time about a week ago. Although when it JUST NOW did it it was twice in a row again. (Once again after the first time I shut it down, brought it back up. Then it went to sleep, and repeated the problem again.)

Any ideas? I'm hoping this is just a software bug that might have a known fix. Can anyone tell me if I'm this lucky?

2. kaielement, Jul 14, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2012

kaielement macrumors 65816

To answer your question take it to an apple store they might be able to fix it or if not they would give you a new one. Buy the way make sure you have all your data backed up like using time machine so you don't lose anything.