2012 MacBook Air or Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by thejking, Jul 24, 2012.

1. thejking macrumors newbie

Hi, I am definitely buying a MacBook, I can't decide on an air or pro.

If I am to buy the Air I would get the baseline 13 inch model for £999. And if i am to buy the pro I would get the baseline 13 inch model for £999.

My uses of the notebook would be:
    Internet browsing
    iTunes
    Word or pages
    Excel or numbers
    The sims 3
    Possibly simcity 4

I would prefer to buy the air for its light-weight build and portability however if the sims 3 is unable to run efficiently I will have to get the pro.

Can anyone help me choose? Ie will the sims 3 run well on the 2012 air or will the MacBook pro be too heavy for the odd travel use.

2. alexbarreras macrumors newbie

3. mrs1986 macrumors regular

MBA will do virtually everything that the MBP can do except for the user upgradeable parts... Thats it... Is you choice, you should look youtube to find some videos of how well will the MBA handle the sims 3...

4. thejking thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, Ive tried YouTube and other video sites to see how the sims ran but could only find 2011 versions. I think I'll go for the Air as it seemed to run alright on the the 2011 model so I'm assuming it will run a bit better on the 2012 models.

5. manunited macrumors member

MBA hands down, because it doesn't seem like you'll be doing any processor heavy tasks.

6. theSeb macrumors 604

theSeb

The integrated graphics chip in the 2012 models is about 20-30% faster in comparison to the 2011 models.