Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Redrum509

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 20, 2012
I'm deciding to sell my 2012 11inch macbook air. It is in pristine condition. I have the box,charger, and all papers. 51 charge cycles on the battery. It is the 64gb sad 4gb ram, 1.7 ghz i5 model. What would be a good price to try and get via craigslist or something? Thanks.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
As a starting point, you can check Mac2Sell, eBay (including completed sales), and Amazon for prices of similar models, to get an idea of what a reasonable price may be. Then adjust the price to account for condition, configuration, remaining AppleCare coverage (if any), etc. You can also check the Apple refurbished store to see what similar models are selling for.

AXs

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2009
Damn.

just 50 cycles? If the battery health is still near perfect, you might probably get some extra bucks because it would seem that you used your machine very lightly.

I'm already on 20 cycles, and it's been just a month. :eek:

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
Price aside, it would be good if u can restore laptop to "factory" (1)Looks clean, (2)Obliterate any personal info/account(s) of yours. Don't know if you have to tell Apple that you "sold it."

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Don't know if you have to tell Apple that you "sold it."
There is no need to tell Apple when you sell a Mac. Warranty/AppleCare follows the device, not the owner, so Apple doesn't care who the owner is.

phoenixsan

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2012
I suggest you.....

to find a similar specs computer in the refurb area from AppleStore. Then, substract a 25% from that price.....

:):apple:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.