2012 Macbook Air Screen Options

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by tornadog, Sep 20, 2016.

1. tornadog macrumors newbie

Couple of weeks back, my Air fell to the wooden floor and my screen went blank. No physical damage other than a small dent near the hinge.We could hear the chime when it booted up so we knew it was not totally dead. We followed the reset sequence and we were able to get it started but the screen had horizontal lines and the display kept blinking. It would sometimes improve where there were only 2-3 lines on the screen but any slight movements would make it go grey or the return of the lines and screen flashing. took it to the apple store and they said the screen has to be replaced. About 350 dollars. Are there any cheaper options or things I can try. I heard replacing the lcd is a pain for the macbooks, so I am not even going to try.

2. MultiFinder17 macrumors 68000

MultiFinder17

The easiest thing to try would be to get a screwdriver for the bottom pan screws from somewhere like iFixit, and check the display cable on the logic board. If it's cockeyed, plug it back in and see if that helps you. You may have simply knocked the LVDS cable loose, so it's worth checking out.