2012 MacBook Pro Trackpad Help!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by greenj, Jun 10, 2012.

1. greenj macrumors newbie

SAFARI BASED FREEZE UP driving me crazy.

How this is happening I cannot figure out!

With my right hand, I just barely graze my finger over the trackpad (not even sure what motion I am using) while at the same time, with my left hand I am barry touching SOME KEY - do NOT know which one.

Suddenly the page gets bigger for a second, the n blurry, then the whole page - whatever I am doing - usually on safari FREEZES. I cannot type anymore, and none of the clickable boxes work.

This usually means I have to restart Safari and if I am typing on a page, i LOSE ALL The text!

Does anyone know what the ^%$# is happening to cause this?

This 2012 macbook pro trackpad is just WAY too sensitive.

2. sjinsjca macrumors 68020

sjinsjca

You are probably accidentally zooming the page ever so slightly.

Next time it happens, try "pinching" the page so it bounces back to its original size. I'd bet it un-freezes.

This happens to me, too, but I've gradually learned to pinch unresponsive pages, so it doesn't bother me as much as it used to. You could, in a pinch (ha ha), disable this gesture in System Preferences.

Hope this helps.

3. KylePowers macrumors 68000

KylePowers

Woah 2012 MBP! :eek:

How much RAM do you have? Perhaps Safari needs more resources

4. sjinsjca macrumors 68020

sjinsjca

Really doubt that. The symptoms match mine exactly-- Safari window inadvertently zoomed into an odd size, forms unresponsive.

Seriously: Pinch and release, so the page bounces back into its default size. I'd bet real money this will fix the problem.

5. arcite macrumors 6502a

arcite

Cairo, trapped in a pyramid with my iphone
    Go into SYSTEM PREFERENCES. > TRACKPAD. > under two finger scrolling, turn offscreen zoom.

Easy.

6. sjinsjca macrumors 68020

sjinsjca

Yeah, that turns it off. But there are times when it's useful.

7. greenj thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you!! I think that worked. You saved me hours and hours of headaches! Major Good Karma pts for you!

8. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

holy smolly you got a 2012 already??

like others said its that silly zoom feature you accidently hiting, just usint 2 fingers to pinch the screen and it will spring back to normal

9. sjinsjca macrumors 68020

sjinsjca

Safari behavior seems to have been fixed

The behavior OP complained about, where an inadvertent zooming of a webpage would render it unresponsive to clicks, appears to have been ironed-out in some recent update. I noticed yesterday that Safari remains responsive even if the page is zoomed arbitrarily. I tried zooming to various degrees and could not reproduce the former behavior.