2012 mba 13" great for editing

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Nychot, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Nychot macrumors 6502a

I have the base model and just went on vacation during which i had to start editing a 135,000 word document in MS yWORD 2011. The mba worked beautifully. Never once heated, never heard the fan. And it is so quick. Had all the document files on a very tiny usb thumb drive (sticks out a half inch) that i moved over to the mba. This machine is a dream. I may exchange it for an 8gb if i can just to future proof it.

2. jksu macrumors regular

another very happy 13" owner

agreed!

just upgraded 2010 mba11 c2d/4/128 to 2012 mba13 i5/8/256. i love it!

definitely faster -- app launches, restarts, etc. are just instant. the 2010 mba was amazing compared to the 2006 macbook black i had before. as much as i loved the compact size, though, it always felt cramped when using it for long periods -- writing papers, grant applications, etc. fine for surfing, etc. but even then, frequent scrolling, etc. OS updates that brought full screen browsing, etc. were helpful.

but now i've been using the 2012 mba 13" i'm glad i moved up -- like folks have said. if you travel/fly a lot the mba 11 is just perfect on that little tray. and it's nifty to pull out that little guy to do presentations at conferences/meetings. but for day-to-day use, if the mba is your main computer, i think the 13" wins the all-around.

i had bought an extra ac adapter for the 11" to leave at work because i'd frequently run it down during use there.... now with the 13" 6+ hour battery life i only need to charge overnight... love it!

...now if they would only get an IPS retina screen... honestly that's the only weakness i'd say