2012 MBA Magsafe issues?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by shamash, Aug 27, 2012.

1. shamash macrumors 6502a

shamash

So I was having an issue with my Magsafe adapter(the light would only turn on if the adapter was in 1 direction, then off if I tried to flip it. I don't know if it was charging or not), and I looked and saw both parts were a bit dirty and there was some darker bronzeish color around one of the little pins (I dunno how, I've had this computer a week and a day).

Regardless I cleaned them off with a qtip and it seems to be fine. It wouldn't turn on still at first but now it seems to be okay, orange light. It went to a feint green light for a bit.

Question: Is this a common issue? Should I take my stuff in to the Apple store tomorrow? I'm leaving for Korea on Wednesday morning so I don't have much time, and going to the Apple store will be a little bit of a hassle for me, especially if they can't give me a fix in store immediately. I know there are Apple stores in Seoul but I'm a little more hesitant to go there for issues, I don't know why I just am :p

2. iAppl3Fan macrumors 6502a

iAppl3Fan

If you cannot reproduce the issue (after cleaning it), I doubt there anything an appointment can do.

3. shamash thread starter macrumors 6502a

shamash

The light is still turning itself off intermittently. It's happened 2 or 3 times since I made the post, and was solved by unplugging and replugging. I suppose it won't hurt to call them.