2012 MBA PowerMangement.plist

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by streich3, Jan 2, 2014.

1. streich3 macrumors newbie

I want to know -- is this file a necessary part of OSX 10.9 mavericks? Will it be present on every Mac running Mavericks?

I have a MBA 13 -- 2012. I had been having a lot of issues with waking up after sleep, especially with an external monitor attached. There is a thread on apple's support communities with people having this problem across many Macs running 10.9. I don't think its specific to my mac.

I got up to a second level or senior Apple tech on the phone Tuesday. He asked me to delete PowerManagement.plist and AutoWake.plist. and restart my Mac. Interestingly enough, they did not repopulate. He said this is indicative of a larger system failure.

This REALLY ticks me off because back in March -- after I had own the thing only 5 months -- the SSD failed. Apple Store couldn't even get their own part and it took 7 days. This week the tech arranged for Apple Care repair by mail -- at my request.

However, I wondered -- is this guy really right. Is there larger failure in my system? I did a clean install of 10.9 using recovery -- did not transfer all my crap back from Time Machine....

the root Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration file has NEITHER the AutoWake or the PowerManagement plists. My Mac seems to be sleeping and waking fine. What is the deal here? Is my MacBook Air really failing or is something else going on?

2. streich3 thread starter macrumors newbie

I was able to get the AutoWake.plist recreated by setting up an "event" in Energy Saver prefs. I had the MacBook automatically sleep at a certain point...and the plist is back. ok.....so do i still have a problem?