2012 MBA - Screen Scratched on Inside

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by CoMoMacUser, Jul 13, 2012.

1. CoMoMacUser macrumors 6502a

I have a BTO 13/8/128. When I powered it off for the first time, I noticed a couple of marks on the screen. They look like scratches, and they're under the screen in what appears to be a metallic coating. They aren't visible when the machine is on.

Any other MBA owners have this? Apple said to take it my local authorized repair shop. I will, but in the meantime, I'm curious if anyone else has seen these and, if so, what the cause and repair were.

2. GREEN4U macrumors 6502a

*sigh* What have I been telling everyone about BTO macs?? Don't buy 'em! They're damaged more often than ones purchased in the store. :cool:

But if it bothers you, don't get it repaired. Return it and get a new one.

3. CoMoMacUser thread starter macrumors 6502a

It doesn't bother me at all, but I want to make sure that it isn't something that's going to get worse over time to the point that it does become noticeable while in use.

4. usmaak macrumors regular

I really wish that they sold the ones with 8GB of RAM at the store. I went with the i7 as well, because it was only 100 over the base price. But really, the only thing that I cared about was getting 8GB of RAM. It's kind of silly that the only ones they sell in the store are 4GB.

5. KPOM macrumors G5

Some stores have 8GB models in stock. Anyway, I doubt that Apple tells Foxconn to make all the flawed ones BTO. Green4U is just spreading anecdotes that don't mean anything. They come off the production line, and some go to stores while most stay in a warehouse until ordered.

6. usmaak macrumors regular

So instead of built to order, they're more like built to be ordered? ;)