2012 MBP Hi-Res AG vs Glossy

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by appletechpro, Jun 29, 2012.

1. appletechpro macrumors regular

Does anyone know if the AG screens are as easy to clean as glossy screens? Of course, many people object to the reflective qualities of the display, but being able to wipe down glass is a lot easier than cleaning the actual LCD, as in PC monitors themselves.

2. striker33 macrumors 65816

striker33

My 2011 AG MBP spent around a year gathering dirt on the screen, and I never cleaned it once, the reason being that with no light reflecting off the screen, it was very hard to see any sort of dirt on the screen itself.

Other than giving it a light swipe with a micro fiber cloth for dust, you shouldnt need to clean it much, if ever. My 5 year old Samsung monitor is testament to that as well :)

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Yes, they're just as easy to clean as the glossy screens.

4. DrJohnZoidberg macrumors member

Depends what you're trying to clean off it... no, please don't tell us :eek:

5. tusctodd macrumors member

I would argue that the glossy screens are easier to clean because you don't have to deal with the frame around the outside of the screen that the matte displays have.

Just my opinion.

6. iLikeTurtles! macrumors 6502

7. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

8. farmermac macrumors 6502a

ive had both

If you got something real sticky that needed to be scrubbed, the glossy would be easier without risk of damaging the LCD itself. The antiglare and glossy are identical as far as level of difficulty in cleaning...Both pretty easy for 95% of things.

Go AG, and dont look back.

9. appletechpro thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, I'm really interested in a 2012 MBP Hi-Res AG (hating the lack of user upgradeability of rBMP, and I just can't imagine viewing that many pixels on a 15" screen) but I wasn't sure if the screen itself was more susceptible to damage.

10. iLikeTurtles! macrumors 6502

anti glare, doesnt catch as much crap as the glossy