2012 Mini, Do HDMI Issues still exist on new units ?

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by macsnjets, Feb 4, 2015.

1. macsnjets macrumors newbie

Hi, Microcenter still has 2012 Mac Minis available new. Do I have to be worried about the HDMI issue (losing sync/blank screen/snow) that plagued this model or has it since been addressed ? I've read the firmware update really didn't help.

Thanks in advance because I'm about to buy one. HELP....

2. Algus macrumors regular

Algus

It is still an issue. I rarely had trouble in OS X but in Bootcamp I often would have to reset my monitor. It's not a deal breaker but definitely annoying.

3. Celerondon macrumors 6502a

Celerondon

Nope.

Sorry Algus, but Bootcamp video issues are completely unrelated to those original complaints.

The OP does not “have to” be worried about any particular video issues on the 2012 Mac minis. The problems that existed in late 2012 were resolved long before the Mountain Lion/Mavericks transition in late 2013. Many mini owners use the HDMI output routinely, myself included.

Scan the last pages from this Mac mini thread to see the feeding frenzy that exists right now among people shopping for this 2 ½ year old computer.
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1809648

“Apple Store has refurbished 2012 Minis! “ is one of the hottest threads on this forum. Does it look like the folks on that 16-page thread that started in October 2014 are worried about any video issues?

Macsnjets can purchase a 2012 with the confidence that he or she has done their homework. The 2012 mini ranks among the best bargains available from Apple.

4. macsnjets thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you for your input. I think I'll pull the trigger.

5. Celerondon macrumors 6502a

Celerondon