Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

technano

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 27, 2012
As I'm typing this on my 2010 MacBook Pro 17 inch. I'm on the hunt for a 2012 non-retina MacBook Pro.

Was there any fault or common widespread issues with them? I like the idea that I can upgrade the rams to 16GB and also slot in an SSD. being able to upgrade the SSD at an affordable price is always a future proof point as compared to existing line of macbook

PS: anyone here from Singapore? thanks!

TSE

macrumors 68040
Jun 25, 2007
St. Paul, Minnesota
I have one. Upgraded Anti-Glare display. 16 GBs of RAM. Everthing in working order. 2x 512GB SSDs (one in place of the DVD Drive with an optibay. 2.6ghz Q2720M. Battery in good health. Running the latest and greatest MacOS. Case in great condition.

Just this past week I upgraded so was looking to put it on the marketplace here for sale soon. Let me know if you would be interested in purchasing it - shoot me a message with an offer.

technano

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 27, 2012
I have one. Upgraded Anti-Glare display. 16 GBs of RAM. Everthing in working order. 2x 512GB SSDs (one in place of the DVD Drive with an optibay. 2.6ghz Q2720M. Battery in good health. Running the latest and greatest MacOS. Case in great condition.

Just this past week I upgraded so was looking to put it on the marketplace here for sale soon. Let me know if you would be interested in purchasing it - shoot me a message with an offer.

Im from Singapore, and would be keen to purchase from where my location. don't mind, may I know how much was it retail?

keysofanxiety

macrumors G3
Nov 23, 2011
As I'm typing this on my 2010 MacBook Pro 17 inch. I'm on the hunt for a 2012 non-retina MacBook Pro.

Was there any fault or common widespread issues with them? I like the idea that I can upgrade the rams to 16GB and also slot in an SSD. being able to upgrade the SSD at an affordable price is always a future proof point as compared to existing line of macbook

PS: anyone here from Singapore? thanks!

I’ve got one, as does my brother and a number of other people I know.

Graphics failure is the most common issue, but that’s been the case with any dGPU MBP — though other models have a much higher failure rate.

Depends what you’ll be using it for. Mine just about does what I need it to on Logic Pro X providing it doesn’t die soon but it’s practically unusable for FCPX.

I’m just trying to save for a newer 15” which’ll futureproof me for the next 6 years, but the model I need will set me back around £4500 so... touch wood, this old girl has a few more years in her.

technano

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 27, 2012
I'm from the US - I believe I bought it for about $2200 in early 2013, and then added the 512GB SSD later on.

Wow, taking into consideration for inflation, I guess the price is about the same as today's line of MBP 15 inch

I’ve got one, as does my brother and a number of other people I know.

Graphics failure is the most common issue, but that’s been the case with any dGPU MBP — though other models have a much higher failure rate.

Depends what you’ll be using it for. Mine just about does what I need it to on Logic Pro X providing it doesn’t die soon but it’s practically unusable for FCPX.

I’m just trying to save for a newer 15” which’ll futureproof me for the next 6 years, but the model I need will set me back around £4500 so... touch wood, this old girl has a few more years in her.

The new MacBook Pro does looks good. However, the giant trackpad and not able to upgrade the SSD due to T2 chip (?) kinda bum me off. As a CS student, I should embrace new technology. But in reality, I'm on the hunt for old hardware/macbook

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.