2012 RBS Six Nations Thread

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Goftrey, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Goftrey macrumors 68000

Goftrey

As there isn't one up here and France Italy are playing at the moment I thought I'd make one!

Post thoughts, predictions and all that good stuff on this years competition.

COME ON WALESS!!! :D

2. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Goftrey, I'm Irish, so my hopes for the outcome of tomorrow's match between our respective countries will obviously, differ somewhat from yours.......

3. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Damn, I was hoping for a 'Little Big Horn', with the Natives winning this time.

Toss those Mother Earth killers out!! :p

4. Goftrey thread starter macrumors 68000

Goftrey

23-21... Good old Leigh... :D

I have to admit though Bradley Davies should've been off, that tackle was very nasty...

5. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

Well done and congratulations on a well-fought win.

Yeah, I stole an occasional peek (at strategic moments) while perusing (the actual real, crackling, crisp, paper) The Observer this afternoon. Hmmmm. What can I say? Ireland's treatment of Gatland (granted, completely idiotic and lacking in grace, courtesy, wit, or ordinary common decency) still evidently rankles and I get a strong sense that Wales are out to prove a point (guys, you've proven it, again and again and again in recent times) whenever they play Ireland.

Basically, Wales took their chances. We didn't to the same extent (and I won't even attempt to seek refuge in the fact that we were lacking our talisman & captain - Brian O'Driscoll - through injury; eventually, we'll have to learn to live - and play - without him.)

6. Goftrey thread starter macrumors 68000

Goftrey

7. fat jez macrumors 68000

fat jez

Yeah, but what a close game. No denying England have improved significantly under the guidance of Stuart Lancaster.

My boys' turn tomorrow though, could be an interesting game :)

8. kolax macrumors G3

9. fat jez macrumors 68000

fat jez

Oh ye of little faith. We gave Wales a good fright last week and it's not a bad team picked to play tomorrow.