2012 Retina Macbook Pro Worth It?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by cagcody, Apr 6, 2016.

1. cagcody macrumors regular

Hey guys. To quickly summarize, I currently own the late 2013 13" Macbook Pro with Retina Display. I've started making videos on YouTube and have began learning more and more about Photoshop and Final Cut Pro for video/photo editing. While my computer can certainly handle the job, it seems to be rather slow trying to use the programs. I thought that maybe something with more RAM would be better, and a bigger screen would also be a nice added feature. I have a monitor that I hook my laptop up to sometimes, but for the most part I like to work directly on the computer. I'm going to sell mine, and didn't want to spend a large amount of money to upgrade to a 15" Retina Macbook Pro. I have found a few 2012 Retina Macbook Pros for around $800-$900 that have the i7 and 16GB of RAM. My question is, does it seem like a logical upgrade? I'm really unsure about what to do at this point. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. ocnitsa macrumors regular

I love my mid 2012 retina MBP...it's maxed out spec wise... but personally if I had a 2013 I could sell and put into a new one I'd try for something more recent, if possible.

3. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

It's the quad core that makes the biggest difference the GPU upgrade is a help too, I would try for a late 2013 15 inch if you can haswell was quite a leap in performances to battery life compromise.