2013 15" rMBP lid misaligned... anybody else have this problem?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by squintypanda, Jun 19, 2013.

1. squintypanda macrumors newbie

Had the computer for about 3 months now and just noticed this problem a couple days ago. Honestly not sure if it came like this or if I caused it. I have never dropped my computer or banged it in any way. Only thing I can think of is maybe carrying it around in a sleeve might have caused uneven pressure on the side of the lid and misaligned it eventually (is that even possible??)?? Either way it's really starting to bug the crap out of me... Anybody else out there have similar issues? Any chance apple care would take care of it?

pics of the misalignment:
    [​IMG]
    this is taken from the left side, can see the top lid sticks out around 1mm (more obvious on this side)
    [​IMG]
    taken from the right side, now the bottom part sticks out around 0.5 ~1mm

I'll admit this does not effect the functionality of the computer in any way, the hinge is still smooth and tight, no audible creaking or abnormal noises, but paying close to 3k for this thing..... I want to cry a bit :(

2. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

If it bugs you make an appt w/ a Genius @ an Apple Store. If the lid isn't seated properly they can realign it in-house, though maybe not while you wait. I just had my screen/lid replaced (dead pixel) and it was done in 24 hours.

3. omgitscro macrumors 6502a

omgitscro

I have had this out of the box from several Unibody MacBooks in the last 5 years.

4. Asuriyan macrumors 6502a

I've had this on a couple machines as well, including a Retina. It's an easy fix and the Genius Bar will take care of it.

5. squintypanda, Jun 21, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2013

squintypanda thread starter macrumors newbie

glad to hear that this problem can be easily fixed! no apple stores where I'm currently living right now (Taiwan), only "authorized retailers" which I consider to be shady at best. I will just visit an apple store next time I'm in the states. Thanks for everybody's input! :)