Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Serban

Suspended
Original poster
Jan 8, 2013
So again, after almost 1 year we still get panel issues. Seems like 1 from 2 27" imac get display issues like yellow tint or black screen or bleed

bluescale

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2013
So again, after almost 1 year we still get panel issues. Seems like 1 from 2 27" imac get display issues like yellow tint or black screen or bleed

The screen on my 27" is very good. I've got less screen bleed than I would have expected, and I have no yellow tint. The only issue I have is on tiny spot on the screen that looks like a hotspot and is only visible when there is pure white on that part of the screen. And then too, just barely visible. Any color on the screen, and it is invisible.

bluescale

macrumors member
Sep 27, 2013
I figured I'd throw some measurements out to this thread. I've calibrated my screen using using i1Display Pro and the software that comes with the colorometer. The free software doesn't have the best reporting, but here's some information that I think people might appreciate.

I decided to set the white point at native, because I wanted to see if it was close the 6500K. Obviously I was very happy with the results. RGB also tracks very linearly. While there isn't a good way to report it, my average deltaE is under 1, which is fabulous.

If I'm feeling up to it later, I may run the display through the paces using CalMan, which is much more detailed, and has better reporting.

Keep in mind that the display isn't yet broken in.

Attachments

• i1profiler(1).jpg
    i1profiler(1).jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 63
  • i1profiler(2).jpg
    i1profiler(2).jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 56
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.