2013 iMac Rumor Thread

Discussion in 'iMac' started by chinadian1, Oct 23, 2012.

1. chinadian1, Oct 23, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2012

chinadian1 macrumors newbie

Can we please start the rumors for the 2013 iMac now?

Afterall, who cares about what's presently available when we can waste hours upon hours with conjecture?? :D

What does your crystal ball tell you?

2. Ddyracer macrumors 68000

Ddyracer

Retina (maybe)

Haswell

Updated nvida cards.

Truly magical :p

3. GR33NIE macrumors 6502

4. chinadian1 thread starter macrumors newbie

Maybe. Maybe not. what if it's like the last iPad where it gets thicker and heavier? :D

that would please all the people that are disappointed with the thinness of the new model ...

I would like to see a backlit apple logo, personally ... :D

5. forty2j macrumors 68030

forty2j

You're probably looking at August or so for the 2013 iMac.

Haswell, check.
    Kepler II, most likely.
    Retina? Probably at one screen size as an extra model.
    Fusion drive as standard? Unlikely.

Don't expect earthshattering; expect new internals and expect this case design to last through 2015.

6. TwoBytes macrumors 68020

TwoBytes

Would Haswell be worth it for cooling issues? I run my mac 24/7 360 days a year..

7. OliOC macrumors newbie

My guess is that these will be around until the 4th quarter of next year, unless there are fairly major issues with the 1st gen.

They'll want to run the current (new) model for as long as they can so component prices come down and there's more margin in them. I'm guessing they'll be paying a bit of a premium for some of the GPU's in the new higher spec models, and it will take a while for these prices to come down.

They're also not being released for another month or two, AND the Mac team will be working hard on the new Mac Pro redesign that is going to be released next year.

These will defo be around until 2015/16.

8. sdo1982 macrumors member

Q4 next year at the very best. Haswell desktop CPUs are not due until summer, so with intel I bet September before they ship in volume, presume apple get a few to test with in Q3, I would guess an October release.

Haswell, Option of "Retina" I think we will see if its going to happen early Q1 or Q2 if apple offer it on an updated Cinema Display. Latest GPU. Depending on thermals, they may reduce the bulge.
    Other than that I'm not expecting anything other than a silent refresh, 2013 is going to be the year of the Pro and seeing if Apple can keep ahead of pack with iToys.