Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

harleyt98

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 14, 2014
After CPU upgrade I’m getting this message in the FirePro Control Center in windows.

“The AMD CrossFireX internal bridge interconnects linking your graphics cards together are not properly attached. Both bridge interconnects must be attached. For more information, see the user’s guide for your graphics card.”

I’ve double checked all the connectors inside to be firmly connected. Any other ideas anyone?

MisterAndrew

macrumors 68030
Sep 15, 2015
Portland, Ore.
Did it work before? Lots of people have damaged their Mac Pro during a CPU upgrade.

I think the most common things to get damaged are a ribbon cable that wasn't routed exactly as shown in Apple's technician guide or some traces on the CPU riser card next to a standoff screw because it twisted (either didn't come loose or was overtightened.) Apple specifies exact torque specs for the screws. However, damage can happen even when following Apple's instructions and using their special tools. I'm not sure if the CrossFire connections go through the CPU riser card. You'll need to look at the schematics.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.