Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mdjasrie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 26, 2009
Singapore
As above. I know that the last model's MacBook Air is about 13 seconds. Does anyone know the boot up time for this year's MacBook Air?

LeeM

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2012
probably the same. although my 2012 can be less than 10 seconds at times.

KiwiAdventure

Suspended
Dec 7, 2010
New Zealand
I've found my day old 13" 256g Air can alter it's boot up times some fast and some not so fast. Compared to my 2009 Mac Book 13" the Air is very fast in every thing it does. :)

Zori

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2013
Help!

I am a Mac Newbie, I got my 2013 MacBook Air 13" 256Gb SSD 8Gb Ram i7 last week.

I have only installed OFFICE, Xcode, VLC Player Battery Health and Skype. I have admin and my personal account (as default). No Bootcamp or Parallel or any Windows

It took my MacBook Air 40 seconds to boot up (plugged in to the socket or on battery)

Any ideas why it took twice or 3 times the amount of time you guys to boot up, and any suggestions how to speed things up? Thanks in advance.

Zori

macrumors newbie
Jun 20, 2013
Please ignore the above post. I just found the solution from Apple forum.
Need to select the boot disc once and restart so the OSX won't try to search for other bootable media even there is only 1 bootable HD partition in the computer.

Thanks, now it only takes 12 seconds to boot up. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.