2013 Macbook Air Freezes Randomly in Windows 7 (Bootcamp)

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by nycesquire, Jul 4, 2013.

1. nycesquire macrumors newbie

I've just got my shiny new 13" MBA base model. I updated bootcamp to version 5 within OSX and got windows 7 up and running. Now, for no apparent reason, the system will freeze and become completely unresponsive. No apparent triggers and no apparent pattern or times.

Any ideas?

2. zaheerd21 macrumors newbie

Hey. I have the exact same problem. MBA 2013 - windows 7 ultimate via bootcamp. Completely random. The only thing I have noticed so far is that it usually occurs when you first boot into windows.

Have you found any resolution to this problem? Thanks

3. Kiii macrumors newbie

I have the same problem as well. It only happens when I restart the computer from OS to go to Windows 7. I login into Windows just fine but the first thing I notice is that I cannot connect to the internet via wifi. A few minutes later it freezes. Have to do a forced shutdown and when I start up the computer again and go directly to windows, I get the option for safe mode etc etc but everything works just fine.

This is on the new 2013 Macbook air. This only happened after I installed a recent OS update than I did not bother to even read >.> What was it anyway?

4. pickaxe macrumors 6502a

Do any of you have Trackpad++ installed? It seems to freeze Haswell MBAs as soon as it is launched. The solution is to remove it from starting at boot. (via msconfig in Windows 7 or Task Manager in Windows 8)

5. nycesquire thread starter macrumors newbie

For posterity: My problem was hardware. I replaced the unit and it now works just fine.

6. Staindsoul macrumors 6502

Staindsoul

I have the same problem when booting to windows 7 on MBA 2013. Takes 4-7 times of restarting before my wifi adapter works. It was working perfectly and now doesn't want to work. MacBook randomly freezes as well. Anyone know what update caused this to happen?

7. tgi macrumors 65816

tgi

Did you get your MBA replaced for an unrelated issue? Or is Apple replacing computers with issues using Windows via Bootcamp.

8. schopaia macrumors member

schopaia

How did you go about this?