2013 MacBook Air Trackpad slight jiggle\play, should I take it in?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by shenan1982, Nov 5, 2013.

1. shenan1982 macrumors 68040

shenan1982

So I have a 2013 MacBook Air, 11 inch model.

When I first got it, it was nice, but the track pad has loosened up a little. It's not major, I have the click turned off so I just softly tap it to click. The problem now is there's a little jiggle\play to the pad, so when I tap it, it depresses ever so slightly and creates a faint audible\tactile click. I know I'm a bit OCD, but to me it's a bit annoying.

Do you think this is something the apple store would cover under warranty, and if yes, how? Do they replace the trackpad? That'd kinda make me nervous given they'd have to completely disassemble the unit to get to it.

Think it's worth it? Or just live with it?

2. vicynic macrumors member

I'm just living with it. I notice this happening on a lot of laptops. Even noticed it on a premier Sony Vaio Pro 13". It's too minor an issue for me to bring it in for repair.

3. shenan1982 thread starter macrumors 68040

shenan1982

Yeah, I've had 4 MB Air in a row and never had the issue, so it just is more of a peeve in a quiet room than anything else. :-(

4. tobeornottobe macrumors regular

5. vicynic macrumors member

Although mine usually happens when it leans forward and has its weight on the front instead of flat on a level surface. Then it's usually quiet.

6. shenan1982 thread starter macrumors 68040

shenan1982

Mine is coming from the trackpad, not the uneven feet. It does it even when on the bed because it's the trackpad lose not the feet.

7. vicynic macrumors member

I'm talking about the trackpad. Happens when it leans forward, for example when I place the laptop on my lap while they are bent up so that the laptop leans forward with its weight.

On the Vaio Pro it happens no matter how it is positioned. I think it's minor regardless. Neither appearance or functionality is compromised.