Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Johny24max

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 2, 2009
I hope someone here on these forums who is technical can help me?

So I have a 2013 Macbook Air 11 inch computer that if I unplugged the computer would immediately turn off. So I did an SMC reset and nothing my next assumption was the battery was shot. So I ordered a replacement battery and the computer wont turn on with the replacement battery and I assumed that I got a defective battery. I ordered another one and that too wont turn on with the battery plugged in. I thought to myself that is weird, I tried googling to see what it is? and couldn't find an answer?

Please help?

Thanks

Johnny

z2000

macrumors member
Jun 3, 2019
Rotterdam
sounds like logic board issue? what you see (of battery) when you plug to AC. does it show up recharging? or didn't show battery at all?

Johny24max

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 2, 2009
I was hoping it wasn't a logic board issue hmmm. The battery would show 100 percent charged and I would able to see it.

z2000

macrumors member
Jun 3, 2019
Rotterdam
So on AC, you can find the battery, could you get info of battery from "system report - power"? something like :
Screenshot 2019-10-17 at 21.45.05.png

Audit13

macrumors 604
Apr 19, 2017
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
It may not be the main logic board that is defective, it may be the I/O power input board.

Try this: disconnect the battery, connect the charger, don't touch any keys, and hope that the MacBook boots on its own.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.