2013 Macbook air video flicking / breakup

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by jgbr, Jul 23, 2013.

1. jgbr macrumors 6502

Hello

My new macbook air (2013) is having issues of when I play streaming video (in this case BBC news) that the video starts and few seconds later breaks up and go's to green distortion.

It only effects the video box, not the whole screen or application. It does not effect youtube weither in 320p or HD. I have photoshop CC installed and I do not have that issue.

Also it does not matter if its safari or firefox.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

2. Appledreamer macrumors member

broadband? buffer? restart? is this on battery or while plugged in to power?

3. jgbr, Jul 23, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2013

jgbr thread starter macrumors 6502

Plugged in, just tried adobe flash update.

When starting a steam I get a few seconds of video, breakup, then moving broken green, sometimes will flash back to a few seconds and then to broken green. Its not a complete box of green but flickering green.

I am watching the same steam on my desktop mac with no problems so it's local to this macbook air.

It's on 100MB ethernet internet connection so no issues there.

UPDATE

Interestingly, i tried the same video on another macbook air (2012) and it had the same problem. I then however moved to a different video on the bbc news website and could not replicate the issue on either. I then tried iplayer HD on both and no issues. Look like some weird streaming issue. I will keep a close eye on it however.

It still doesnt answer why that very specific stream played up on the macbook airs (two different generations) but fine on a mac pro. All which have more or less identical software setups.