2013 MacPro matching peripherals

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by eladnova, Sep 14, 2013.

1. eladnova macrumors regular

The new MacPro has an array of USB, Ethernet, HDMI and TB expansion slots and seems to be built with expandability in mind. External exapndability.

Therefore, I wonder how the 2013 MacPro will impact the Mac peripherals industry. Are we going to see a slew of black circular Hard Drives, Hubs, NAS devices etc etc.

I know a lot of people who don't particularly care what color / shape their desktop peripherals are but I also know a lot of Mac users are into keeping things neat, coordinated and matching.

Whatcha think and what would you love to see and how would it look?

2. jetjaguar macrumors 68030

jetjaguar

I don't know. I am still trying to wrap my head around the new mac pro. I don't want my desk to look like an octopus with all the external wires and hdds etc. :(

3. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

I'm sure someone will design a complementary external drive enclosure that will "stack" with the Mac Pro. The combination of the two will still be 1/2 the size of the old Pro.

4. eladnova thread starter macrumors regular

Wondering about that one too. There's some lovely Mac mini HDDs with the same footprint that I'd be willing to stack. Would you really stack the new Mac Pro? I'd be worried that it would easily fall over.