2013 MBA 13" Battery Life with Windows 7 Boot Camp?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by SevenFourSeven, Jul 27, 2013.

1. SevenFourSeven macrumors newbie

SevenFourSeven

I'm looking into buying the new 13" MacBook Air, and I'll be running Windows 7. I've seen varying reports of 5 hours, 8 hours, even 12 hours of battery life, but what are you guys getting with daily usage?

The most intensive stuff I'll be doing is probably multitasking with 20+ Chrome tabs at once alongside MS Office, so I don't think I'll be draining the battery that quickly.

2. ayeying macrumors 601

ayeying

Power management under Windows isn't as good. I noticed I get about 2/3 of the usage on my Retina MBP 13" in Windows 8 verses OS X. I'd expect about the same output from it.

3. whiteonline macrumors 6502

whiteonline

You will need to go through the advanced power settings. In there you can set the max/min CPU to use while on battery in the processor power state.
    You can set both min/max to 1% (the cpu won't actually run at 1% because there is a hard limit to the minimum/maximum speed in the CPU itself). If you feel slowdowns affecting you, start raising the max. Experiment with both.