2013 MBA 13 not sitting flat (warped)

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by MSFT, Jan 31, 2014.

1. MSFT macrumors member

I've noticed my MBA 13 does not sit flat, i.e., the "lower" left rubber foot doesn't touch the table. Whenever I type the foot taps on the surface. Drives me crazy.

I brought it to the Apple Store for an unrelated issue and mentioned the problem. The Genius ran my serial and told me because I bought it more than a month ago (~Dec 23, 2013), he could do nothing about it because the "damage" was likely my fault.

Is there anything else I can do? It seems like this is a common problem with the MBA.

2. coldjeanzzz macrumors 6502a

Mine used to do that as well when I first got it (wasn't horrible, but it was noticeable). However right now I'm trying to get it to do it and it seems pretty flush and isn't wobbling at all. I'm really not sure how I fixed it, but I think trying to tighten the little black bump to the left of the trackpad might have done something.

3. MSFT thread starter macrumors member

Has anyone had luck bringing their computer to the Apple Store? Should I try again?

4. willgreene99 macrumors regular

willgreene99

I would say don't give up. Keep going to the Apple store until you get a satisfactory result.

Although I did not have the warp body issue, I had a key that periodically would plop out. I took it to the Apple store 3 times before they replaced the entire keyboard.

Previously they snapped on the key, replaced a key, wiggled and jiggled the board. I kept being persistent and it finally paid off. I was never rude or impolite but stressed how the keyboard should perform properly without my intervention of having to snap the key back on.

I guess if I gotten the genius that you did, he might have said I was typing too hard on my keys and that was the reason they kept popping off. If that would have happened, I would have looked at him with a raised eyebrow and said, "You have got to be kidding me."

5. michaelsviews macrumors 65816

If there are no signs of abuse, they should fix it, keeping on going back , talking to manager's until they fix it. I know our local store has 5 manager's but only 2 can make the Money decision's if you will. You could call applecare and have it shipped in but it sounds like there seeing something that points to the problem of how the device was used / abused.

Good Luck