2013 MBA Battery drain problem.

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Guppy51, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Guppy51 macrumors member

Got a small problem with my 2013 MBA's battery life. I been using the MBA unplugged for a few weeks now and realized the battery is draining much faster than it should. From a full charge the mba gets around 4-5 hours, not sure of the reason.

Before I had it plugged in 95% of the time and the few times I took it off the charge the battery didn't seem to have this problem. The Cycle Count is at 155. Can someone take a look at the battery info and see is there something wrong with it? Anyone ran into this problem before?

This is my first MBA, I am planning on selling it to upgrade to a 15in MBPr. But I want to fix this problem before I sell it.

Attached Files:

2. Dweez macrumors 65816

Dweez

What applications are you running on the machine? What's the brightness set to? What's the top CPU hog when you bring up Activity Monitor and show All Processes?

3. Guppy51 thread starter macrumors member

I don't do much besides brownings (Chrome/Parallel), iTune and excel on my MBA.

And under activity monitor in the Energy section, Parallels Desktop, Chrome and Time Sink is the top CPU Hog.