(2013 MBA) Windows 8 Keyboard/Mouse Not Working

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by visodus, Jul 10, 2013.

1. visodus, Jul 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2013

visodus macrumors newbie

So I went through the process of installing Windows 8 through Boot Camp. I used Boot Camp to create the USB from a Windows 8 .iso, partitioned the hard drive, went through basic installation and all that jazz flawlessly.

After installation and a restart, the Windows 8 "Personalization" came up and I could not use my mouse or keyboard. Even the caps lock light did not come on when I pressed it. Everything was working fine during installation, but for some reason it doesn't anymore. I tried EFI boot as well and it had the same problems. Anyone know what's going on? :confused:

Thanks!

EDIT:
    Computer Specs: 2013 MBA i7/8/256
    Windows Version: 64-bit Windows 8 Pro

2. visodus, Jul 10, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2013

visodus thread starter macrumors newbie

I think I may have found the solution, haven't tested it yet though. For anyone else having this problem, read this article.

Now to find a USB 2.0 flash drive... what a strange error.

EDIT:
    This fixed the problem!

3. pickaxe macrumors 6502a

This comes up occasionally on my (functional) bootcamp installation on my 2013 Air. Tends to go away after rebooting and I cant reproduce this bug.

Not sure what causes this, but I have certainly not bought any usb 2.0 devices lately..

4. jadam macrumors 6502a

jadam

What an odd problem, I was trying to install via a USB 3.0 stick as well, now to redo this with my USB 2.0 stick, takes nearly 4x as long to copy the files ;x

5. alleycat1998 macrumors newbie

if some one still need help on this.

You need to insert the bootcamp drive you have created under the mac OS.

All the files shold be in the root of the thumb drive