2013 Microsoft Office

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by HighEndMac, Jul 17, 2012.

1. HighEndMac macrumors regular

Anyone know if this new version of MS Office will be retina display compatible?

Its compatible with tablets so i was hoping it would work on the rMBP.

2. mdapple macrumors regular

office looks like (insert vulgar word here) on rmbp. MS needs to get their act together, but they probably wont anytime soon lol

3. Dragoro macrumors 6502

Dragoro

Yeah how dare MS not have their programs optimized for a computer thats only been out for a month and in the hands of so few people!

4. vladzaharia macrumors regular

Everything looks like that. I don't know why you're singling out Microsoft here. If there's anyone you should be pissed off at, it's Apple. They haven't even updated their own office suite.

Until Apple updates iWork, its own suite, to work with the rMBP, you shouldn't have any expectations from any other companies.

5. cmChimera macrumors 68040

cmChimera

Office 2013 for Mac hasn't even been announced. Right now I'm hoping Apple releases an across the board update to iWork, because I'll happily switch.

6. mdapple macrumors regular

my bad, your right apple is fail for not updating iwork. but on the bright side, im gonna buy that iphone 5 they're working on ; )

7. cmChimera macrumors 68040

cmChimera

That doesn't really make sense. Apple is not responsible for Microsoft being lazy, and Microsoft shouldn't need Apple to update its suite before Microsoft updates Office. The products compete against each other. Microsoft should be taking advantage of the fact that Apple hasn't updated iWork.

8. Pentad macrumors 6502a

Pentad

Ah, it is Windows only. I have not see a Mac version announced though I would not be surprised to see one.

Usually MacOffice arrives about a year after the Windows version.

-P

9. vladzaharia macrumors regular

I'm saying that before you moan about a third party not having updated their software, you may just want to look at first party offerings. I'm not saying that Microsoft needs to wait for Apple, I'm saying that as long as even the first party developer hasn't updated their apps to support it, that there should be no griping about a third party develper not doing it.

Apple has had access to this system for months now, they should have updated. As Microsoft is a direct competitor with Apple in the Office suite business, Microsoft probably didn't even know Retina MBPs even existed until the conference. It's kind of hard to expect a company to completely revamp their entire product line in a month, especially when Microsoft works on ~3 year cycles with Office for Mac.

10. NMF macrumors 6502a

NMF

Office for Mac always comes a year after the Windows version. No new Mac suite until 2014. As for Office 2011, who knows when it will be updated...

11. HighEndMac thread starter macrumors regular

Damn, really. A year? I figured it would be like months due to so many Mac users now.

12. Steve121178 macrumors 68040

Steve121178

We have our answer:

http://www.neowin.net/news/office-2011-for-mac-to-get-skydrive-update

13. NMF macrumors 6502a

NMF

Microsoft is very predicable with Office.

2003 - Microsoft Office 2003 (Windows)
    2004 - Microsoft Office 2004 for Mac

2007 - Microsoft Office 2007 (Windows)
    2008 - Microsoft Office 2008 for Mac

2010 - Microsoft Office 2010 (Windows)
    2011 - Microsoft Office for Mac 2011

2013 - Microsoft Office 2013 (Windows)

etc.

14. Southernboyj macrumors 68000

Southernboyj

I hope Office gets a Retina update, I start college next month and that a fuzzy app won't be fun to use all day.