Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

washburn

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 8, 2010
Im noticing noise when I have the sound at upper levels, the sound is kind of like the bass is shaking the chassis and is creating an unwanted artefact, I don't know if its due to a faulty speaker or the speaker itself is lose inside the computer.

If you go to system preferences->sound and turn up both alert and output and play the funk sound there you can hear it a lot, it doesn't just play the sound clean, please someone try it

Even in lower half volumes I can hear it, and its quite annoying when it happens in some videos..

Not much time left before I can exchange the unit.

Cheers

rkaufmann87

macrumors 68000
Dec 17, 2009
Folsom, CA
Im noticing noise when I have the sound at upper levels, the sound is kind of like the bass is shaking the chassis and is creating an unwanted artefact, I don't know if its due to a faulty speaker or the speaker itself is lose inside the computer.

If you go to system preferences->sound and turn up both alert and output and play the funk sound there you can hear it a lot, it doesn't just play the sound clean, please someone try it

Even in lower half volumes I can hear it, and its quite annoying when it happens in some videos..

Not much time left before I can exchange the unit.

Cheers

If it's less than 14 days old and you bought it from Apple then without a doubt get it exchanged.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.