2013 rMBP 15" w/ LG SJA2 Screen - No IR or Ghosting

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bobbydd21, Jun 22, 2013.

1. bobbydd21 macrumors regular

Just wanted to let everyone know that my new 2013 rMBP 15" does indeed have the LG SJA2 Display and has no signs of any IR/Ghosting. Have ran the test twice and nothing so it seems to follow what others have been saying about many of the new SJA2 LG displays being fine. The color is absolutely amazing on this screen!

2. TofSanity macrumors 6502

TofSanity

when did you purchase your rMBP?

3. Arcadia310 macrumors regular

Is it possible to get one of the new screens in a replacement? I'm getting my launch 15 inch rMBP repaired soon.

4. TofSanity macrumors 6502

TofSanity

I just had my 15" rMBP's screen replaced last week. It was replaced with this part #661-7171 LCD DISPLAY CLAMSHELL RETINA the tech at my local Apple store told me this is the only part # they are using to replace retina screens. BTW it's a Samsung. It was a little yellow at first but a quick calibration has made it look beautiful.

5. bobbydd21 thread starter macrumors regular

I purchased it last week but not directly from Apple.

6. punisher1-1 macrumors member

I bought one in May and it had the SJA2 screen and it had no IR but it did have a cluster of dead pixels right in the center of the screen. I took it back and they replaced it with a Samsung screen and zero problems. The contrast on the LG seemed slightly better but after a quick calibration the Samsung is just as good.