2013 rMBpro burn in on top?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by petey2133, Oct 19, 2014.

1. petey2133 macrumors member

Told my parents to upgrade from the 17" 2011 they had to a new retina MBpro. Last August they picked up this 2013 model..

Just helped them update to Yosemite and noticed on the top bar there are burned in words on both sides of the menu drop down options

It's harder to see in the picture but it's a lot more clear in person

Apple replacing these screens? Also cannot recall but how do I tell the monitor manufacture for laptop?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413728401.013960.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413728411.527872.jpg

2. bushido Suspended

bushido

are those actual letters burned in? (cant tell). it looks more like the coating on the display may slowely peel off. anyway i would make a genius bar apt as the hotline is utterly useless especially after the warranty expired but the stores are usually more open towards a free repair under the "24 months CL EU - Customer Law"

3. tak437 macrumors newbie

Not certain if it is, but it definitely "looks" like burn in. I would make an appointment with apple.

4. cjmillsnun macrumors 68020

It may be burn in or it may be ghosting.

Ghosting was a common problem with the first batch of rMBPs if they had LG screens. The menu bar will return to the correct display but it takes a couple of minutes.

It looks more like ghosting to me. The font for the ghosted letters is Helvetica Neue. If it was burn in, I would expect to see Lucida Grande from the previous version of OS X.

5. MacInTO macrumors 65816

MacInTO

6. petey2133 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for all the replies. I was hoping for unanimous results. I have to set up an appointment anyways for her, the iphone 5 she is using lasts about 3 hours on battery and the serial number is approved on the site for the battery replacement.

Thanks again Will update the thread once I get time to get down there.