2014 13" MBA, Apps consuming my SSD???

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Jmac94, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Jmac94 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone, new to this forum (Great place you guys have here btw!) and did a quick search but found nothing so figured I should ask.

I recently bought a 2014 built MBA to accompany my iMac 5K Retina since I'm always on the go. My iMac is fully upgraded and is my actual workhorse but I use the Macbook for on the go stuff like presentations etc and as such it's not a big deal that I have endless amounts of power or storage but I noticed that under "About my Mac" it says that I am consuming over 49GB of my 128GB of storage for Apps.

I looked at my apps and generously calculated have maybe 20GB, more like 15GB of actual apps. Like I said it's not a huge deal to me but it would be nice to understand where this is coming from. I've looked all over and all I can find is threads about excessive amounts of "Other" storage being used...

Any help is much appreciated!

2. motrek macrumors 68020

Please download a small, free utility called Disk Inventory X and run it to get a handle on exactly what is consuming space on your drive. It will take a couple minutes and it's well worth it.

Apple's indicator for how much space is being used by what is pretty crap.