2014 13" rMBP Performance With Two External Displays

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Abarsotti, Dec 13, 2014.

1. Abarsotti macrumors newbie

Dec 13, 2014
    I know that the specs say that the 13" rMBP supports two external displays but has anyone used two displays with it and noticed a hit in performance? I'm looking to buy either a high end 13" or low end 15" for web development and I want to use it with two 22" 1920x1080 Dell Ultrasharp, one which will have a browser and the other will have Photoshop CC. I highly doubt I'd notice a significant hit but I just wanted to see if anyone has used a similar setup and if they have had any issues with it.
  2. Orr macrumors 6502

Oct 8, 2013
    Had a late 2013 13" mid-level Iris model for over half a year running dual 23" Dell IPS externals (S2340M). Slight lag depending on the applications but totally fine for everyday use and never bothered me. Now w/ the mid 2014 base 15" Iris Pro, everything runs amazing. Don't do any web development or photoshop though.
  3. pshifrin macrumors 6502

Mar 14, 2010
    Just setup an employee who had two fairly new Samsung displays with his old PC. His new computer is the 13 2.8/8/512 model. One screen is connected to the built-in HDMI port and the other via the HDMI port on a cal digit thunderbolt dock.

With the laptop open, and therefore 3 screens active, all is working perfectly... for typical office tasks: Chrome, Word, Excel, etc.