Hi everyone I currently own a 21.5" 2010 i3 iMac, and I was thinking about buying an FF class future-proof machine sometime this fall/winter. However, I cannot decide on wether an iMac or a Mac Pro would be the right choice. My budget is around £4800 (I live in the UK) but ideally I wouldn't want to spend that much. I plan to do some light animation, general iWork stuff, Logic and some Final Cut Pro X editing on OS X and do some heavy gaming on Windows via bootcamp. At the moment I don't do very much gaming or FCPX as I don't have much time and I made the mistake of installing Windows in VMWare rather than bootcamp (Oops!). However, I will have more time in the future and plan to take up these things. Unfortunately my iMac won't.. As a result, I plan to buy a new machine. If I was to buy a machine now, I could either choose a top end iMac or a hex core Mac Pro: (This doesn't include software btw) iMac: 3.5Ghz Quad i7 8GB RAM (home upgrade to 32GB) 1TB Flash Storage GTX 780M with 4GB Graphics Memory Magic Trackpad + Some sort of gaming mouse that I haven't decided on yet Apple Keyboard with Keypad/Some sort of gaming keyboard Price: Around £3000 Mac Pro: 3.5Ghz 6-Core Xeon 32GB RAM 1TB Flash Storage Dual FirePro D700 with 12GB Graphics Memory Magic Trackpad + Some sort of gaming mouse Apple Keyboard with keypad/some sort of gaming keyboard LG 29EA93 monitor [around £350] Price: Around £4800 Initially the iMac seems like the much better computer for the amount of money you are spending, but another member of the forums who uses a GTX 780M powered iMac stated in another thread that Battlefield 4 has frame rate issues running on High (without AA). The Mac Pro seems (at this point) to be a better purchase. However, as I plan to purchase a new machine in fall/winter of this year, this may change. Nvidia will launch the new Maxwell GPUs, and if the iMac refresh includes these then the performance may be better for gaming that the Mac Pro. So I ask: If I was buying a computer now, what would everyone recommend? And in 8-11 months time, what do you think would be the best choice? Any response will help Thanks!