2014 MacBook Pro 15" 16gb SSD problem causes black screen

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by FatLip, Jul 9, 2016.

1. FatLip macrumors member

FatLip

Hi

I have a 2014 MacBook Pro 15" 16gb SSD problem which caused the computer to shut down randomly and now causes black screen, I was just at a apple store in france where we confirmed that my logic board needs replacement, I do have apple care but the problem is my screen is now black every time I restart and when I researched it online I found out it's a whole other fiasco people with fine logic boards are going throug,

Ok so regardless of the fact I will bring the MBP to apple my new third issue is how to back up what's on the SSD drive., in assuming I can connect it to my Apple TV and see my screen on my large 42 inch display, as always, but I'm not anywhere near my home and now need to figure out another way to do this since the apple store I have to take it too is roughly 100 miles from home which means if I have to return to do this there with the MBP it's three trips back and forth and I am staying with family for the summer where iam and need to figure something out, maybe via iCloud somehow etc, dunno

Pleae advuse

2. tubeexperience macrumors 68030

Was written using an online translator or what?

Get a enclosure and put in your SSD. Plug it into a different computer.

https://eshop.macsales.com/item/OWC/MAU3ENPRPCI/

3. medinagu1 macrumors newbie

Don't know if it's the same issue, but I have the same computer and screen went black. I took bottom panel off, used compressed air to clean it out (it was quite dirty) and then it was all good. Hope this helps.