Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
Once again, I'm the kiss of death to teams. I picked San Francisco to win. Stopped watching at the end of the 3rd quarter when they were up 20-7. Turned on my phone a couple of hours later and saw that the Bears had scored 3 unanswered touchdowns in the 4th quarter to win.

I FRACKING HATE THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

MacNut

macrumors Core
Original poster
Jan 4, 2002
CT
This year I'm trying to play it as safe as possible. From what I'm reading about Eliminator challenges most advise against not taking chances until you absolutely have to do so. Of course, with the NFL any team can win and upsets are routine so there's never a sure thing.

The Broncos seemed the best bet to me this weekend and they delivered a win. :)

Edit:

Wow, I just checked the group page and there are only 6 of us left in it already. :eek: If QOS picks wrong tonight then only 5 will be left undefeated. This season has started off pretty crazy.
Look at the week 3 match ups. There are no easy picks there. Last year it was a lot easier to pick a loser. IE anyone playing the Jaguars. :D This year it is not that simple. I don't think there is a easy win, and if you use that easy win where do you look next week.

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Look at the week 3 match ups. There are no easy picks there. Last year it was a lot easier to pick a loser. IE anyone playing the Jaguars. :D This year it is not that simple. I don't think there is a easy win, and if you use that easy win where do you look next week.

I have an expert site I check in with for help in making my weekly choice. I'll have to see what they say later in the week when they post their analysis. I don't just blindly follow their recommendations, but they do have some good insight.

mscriv

macrumors 601
Aug 14, 2008
Dallas, Texas
The undefeated streak for the top 5 continues. :)

Make that the top 4... :(

The Steelers are a bunch of bums. Seriously, how do you let the Bucs get out to a 10-0 lead? Then after you "right the ship" and are set to win the game you choke it away in the final seconds. C'mon Man! So, frustrating. :mad:

Even though the chance for an undefeated season is over, I'll keep making weekly picks for now. All the best to those who are still in it.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Original poster
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Make that the top 4... :(

The Steelers are a bunch of bums. Seriously, how do you let the Bucs get out to a 10-0 lead? Then after you "right the ship" and are set to win the game you choke it away in the final seconds. C'mon Man! So, frustrating. :mad:

Even though the chance for an undefeated season is over, I'll keep making weekly picks for now. All the best to those who are still in it.
One or two loses doesn't eliminate you. There are currently 4 undefeated teams with another 13 weeks to go. A lot can happen during that time. 1 loss might be all it takes to still win.

ucfgrad93

macrumors Core
Aug 17, 2007
Colorado
I'm making my comeback. After starting 0-2, I've won my last two and am no longer on the bottom of the pack. Seems like most people employed the "pick whoever is playing Jacksonville strategy" this week.

HarryPot

macrumors 65816
Sep 5, 2009
This is when it gets fun!

After a quick glance at the schedule, I'm leaning towards Miami next week.

I'm leaning towards Dallas or Cleveland.

I'm having a hard time betting against Jax or Rams after this last week games. I was specially amazed by how the Rams played.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Original poster
Jan 4, 2002
CT
I had originally picked the Chiefs over the Rams but I might be leaning towards the Cowgirls.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.