2014 Retina Macbook Pro sudden pink screen flickering

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Sossity, Dec 11, 2016.

1. Sossity, Dec 11, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2016

Sossity macrumors 6502a

I have the mid 2014 15 inch retina MacBook pro, running sierra on it. I was using it in a room, then closed it to take into a mother room, when I opened the lid, all of a sudden the screen was flickering pinks, I could not get it to stop, I could still see the contents on the screen, and the trackpad pointer worked, but it flickered. I did nothing that I have not been doing normally already. I have a plastic case on it.

I had to shut it down, and restarted it, and it seems to functioning fine now. I bought this mac in April 2015, I think it is out of warranty now.

After starting up again, I ran tech tool pro on it and tested the video memory, and it passed. Are there any other apps to test with?

I also run flux on it, if that could be a factor. also, this laptop has dual graphics; the Intel Iris Pro but in, and the NVIDEA GeForce GT 750 M, dedicated graphics.

2. GeoffWillis macrumors newbie

I had the exact same thing happen to day on my 2011 MBP, 16GB/RAM with old disk. Will watch thread to see what people say!

3. Sossity thread starter macrumors 6502a

could you link to your thread? My MacBook is fairly new, it has a 512 GB SSD drive.