2014 rMBP Battery problems

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rosslombardo, Jul 31, 2014.

1. rosslombardo macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

so i bought the 2014 rMBP 13" and am having issues regarding battery life in safari. on a full charge, it is giving me about 3 hours battery. I uninstalled silverlight and flash, too disabling any extensions and push notifications.

It says that safari is using significant power. Spotlight is not indexing nor do i have the screen to anything more than 75% brightness and the keyboard backlight is turned off. Bluetooth is disabled. I'm honestly stumped.

I have done a a PRAM reset and no luck. Ive been a mac user for 5 years, so I'm not a newbie at any of this. Any help would be greatly appreciated to get joy running perfectly. It is a day old so I'm quite confused !

Warmest of Regards
    Ross

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

If you're only getting 3 hours, using Safari, something isn't right. I'd take it back and get it replaced.

3. EnVyCaLiBeR macrumors member

Agreed. Mine lasts for hours just off that usage.

4. rosslombardo thread starter macrumors newbie

So in the last hour or so, i have reinstalled OSX without wiping the SSD. I will report back on how it is going soon.

5. capathy21 macrumors 65816

capathy21

If your results aren't significantly better, exchange it. You paid good money and want it to be perfect.

6. rosslombardo thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm within the 14 day return policy so i will just refund it then repurchase it with the refunded money so i don't have to deal with the applecare hassles and not having my mac for uni. I have 3 Apple stores within a 20 minute travel period so thats not too much to worry about.

7. Merode macrumors 6502

Merode